Tickets for the 16th annual Russian Resurrection Film Festival - to be held in Sydney at Event Cinemas George Street and Event Cinemas Burwood from October 27th to November 6th - are now on sale. The 2016 program features quality Russian cinema old and new. The highlights include:
- The recent Cannes Film Festival hit, The Student, from award-winning director Kirill Serebrennikov.
- The wonderful examination of the fractures between love and ambition in Moscow Never Sleeps from Russian-speaking Irish filmmaker Johnny O’Reilly.
- Two huge blockbusters: Flight Crew – the number one film at the 2016 Russian Box Office, which is this year’s Opening Night Film, and Icebreaker – the eagerly awaited action adventure tale which is yet to be released in Russia.
- Alexei Mizgirevs’ historical thriller The Duelist features some of Russia’s biggest film stars and will be sure to captivate audiences.
- A romantic comedy All that Jam, starring Australian actor, Martin Dingle Wall.
- The Good Boy, another romantic comedy, which won this year’s audience award at Kinotavr Film Festival.
The program also features a retrospective of Russian classics including digitally re-mastered prints of Alexander Nevsky (1938) by Sergei Eisentein and Dmitri Vasilyev, about one of the greatest Princes in Russian history, King Lear (1971) by Grigori Kozintsev and Ivan the Terrible Parts I and II (1944-58) again by Sergei Eisenstein, which, on Stalin’s orders, was banned at the time of release (Part II, which inevitably led to the cancellation of Part III).
“I am proud and honoured to show Australian audiences what the Russian film industry has to offer. With over 85,000 people having attended the event since we started in 2004, it seems Australians really do appreciate what the Russian film industry has to offer. Particularly in 2016, which has officially been announced as the year of Russian cinema, I can’t wait for them to see the terrific selection of films we have programed for this year.” - Festival Director, Nicholas Maksymow.
|505 - 525 George Street|
|+61 2 9273 7300|
Mon – Sun 9.30am – 10pm