Sydney Dog Lovers Show is on again this 3 + 4 August at its brand-new home of Sydney Showground, Sydney Olympic Park. But the Sydney Dog Lovers Show is not just moving, in 2019 it has a fabulous re-vamped program.
Since its inception, the Dog Lovers Show while paying tribute to our four-legged friends has cemented its place as one of the world’s largest festivals dedicated to educating and entertaining dog lovers.
This year, the new Sydney home has sky-rocketed programming to the next level with bigger entertainment arenas, doggy yoga demonstrations, the inaugural K9 Ninja Challenge for elite pups, canines diving into a 100,000 litre pool as well as the chance to cuddle over 800 canines represented by more than 150 breeds.
2019 highlights include:
· an all-new Vitapet Arena hosting the inaugural K9 Ninja Challenge where talented canines will manoeuvre their way through a custom-built obstacle course testing the limits of strength, fitness and agility. The exhilarating Flyball Racing Championship and an incredible team of Skipping Dogs will also headline the Arena’s daily program.
· the first ever DOGA demonstration (that’s yoga with your pooch!) will give lucky owners the chance to Downward Dog with the Rancan Sisters’ Adele & Lisa each day on the Main Stage.
· ridiculously-talented pooches will compete in the Black Hawk DockDogs SPLASHZONE (BYO raincoat) inside the famous Wood Chop Arena. Spectators will witness pooches of all shapes and sizes launch themselves into a massive 100,000 litre swimming pool!
· Aussie TV-vet stars will host daily educational talks on the Main Stage including Sydney locals Dr Harry Cooper and Dr Katrina Warren as well as Bondi Vet stars Dr Lisa Chimes and Dr Kate Adams.
· from Chow Chows to Country Griffons, over 50 Breed Clubs are expected to feature in the DOGS NSW Breed Showcase including an Ask-The-Breeders Stage with Breed Information Talks from leading experts.
· furry social media stars will strut their stuff on the red carpet and snap selfies with adoring fans in the Insta-Pooch Zone.
· more than 40 rescue groups and shelters will take part in the Dog Adoption Zone providing trusted information for aspiring and committed fur-parents as well as the chance to meet dozens of rescue dogs onsite.