Carriageworks Christmas Farmers Market brings together over 120 leading producers and providores on Saturday 21 December from 8am until 1pm
This year, Carriageworks Christmas Farmers Market is focused on food, produce, artisanal gifts, and will offer a workshop with Cornersmith co-founder and pickling queen, Alex Elliott-Howery, who will teach how to pickle cherries in two different styles. Participants can make and take home cherries in a boozy syrup for a grown-up treat, and a classic pickled cherry that is perfect with Christmas ham.
“Carriageworks Christmas Market is the perfect place to buy food and gifts from local and regional NSW producers. Currently, NSW is suffering one of the worst droughts in history. So....choose food and gifts that will really make a difference and join Carriageworks and the Farmers Market in support NSW regional producers and rural communities. #BuyRegional this Christmas” said Australian Chef and Creative Director of Carriageworks Farmers Market, Mike McEnearney.
Visitors to the Carriageworks Christmas Farmers Market will be able to purchase fresh seasonal produce and food-related gifts, ranging from oysters, ham and seafood, to fresh fruit, flowers and vegetables, cheeses and Christmas puddings sourced from some of the best producers in New South Wales, with stallholders including:
- Fresh seafood from Josh Niland’s Fish Butchery and oysters from Mimosa Rock Oysters
- Christmas hams from Linga Longa Farm and Melanda Park
- Seasonal fruits including cherries, mangoes, nectarines and peaches from Kurrawong Organics, and Drive in Orchards
- Poultry from Thirlmere Poultry Supply, and eggs from Hilltops Free Range Eggs and Holbrook Paddock Eggs
- Festive drinks by Freeman Vineyards, Wildflower Brewing & Blending, Hunter and the Harp, Demoiselle Distillery, Headlands Distilling Co and Seedlip.
- Flowers from Jonima Flowers and Mayfarm Flowers
- Christmas treats such as Christmas puddings, mince tarts and gingerbread from Flour and Stone, Nonie’s Foods and Gumnut Chocolates.
As well as produce there will be food-themed gift stalls with unique gifting of ceramics, cookbooks, aprons and more. Guest stallholders at the Carriageworks Christmas Market in 2019 are: Provider Store (ethically sourced items for the kitchen), Our Festive Puds, Batch # (Ceramics), T Totaler, Continental Deli, Poetry Fine Foods, Saga (Andy Bowdy deserts), Headlands Distilling Co, Esti Garcia, Profiterole Project, Apron Studio, Country Women’s Association, Seedlip (non-alcoholic cocktail inspiration, Samantha Robinson, The Oat Life, Darlington Public School, Splendid Wren Ceramics and The Potter x The Clay, Laughing Bird, Oz Harvest and Kristen Allan Cheesemaker.
The 2019 Carriageworks builds upon the much-loved weekly Carriageworks Farmers Market, recognised as one of Australia’s leading Artisan farmers markets, that welcomes more than 4,000 people every Saturday and supports over 120 local and regional producers from throughout New South Wales.
Entry to the Christmas Farmers Market is free of charge. Tickets to the cherry pickling workshops can be purchased via the Carriageworks website >>