Just about every man and his venue has a Sydney offering for the 2021 race that stops the nation, and after the year we've all had we sure would like to support them all. But you can only be in one place at one time, so we've done the hard track work for you. Place your bets.
Remember that Irish pub at the Entertainment Quarter you'd pop into prior to watching a band at The Hordern?
Well, say goodbye to the grunge vibe and get ready for a new fresh white summer setting in the sun-drenched beer garden out on the deck under the century old fig trees this Melbourne Cup.
No pokies in sight, but punters will have all the opportunity to place their bets this Melbourne Cup and catch the race on numerous large screens inside, and on a mega screen in the beer garden.
TIME 11.30am till late
* Racing - 4 metre mega screen in the beer garden and sweeps with MC for the day, Sports Presenter Tim Gilbert, running the day's proceedings
* Prizes - best dressed prizes to be awarded throughout the day
* Food and Drink Offerings -
Glass of G.H Mumm Grand Cordon NV Champagne on arrival with shared starter of cheese, charcuterie, and oysters
(further food and beverages can be ordered and paid for separately on the day from the Melbourne Cup menu)
* Entertainment -
Acoustic performances by Callum Chynoweth during the day followed by DJ Jay Bhana on the decks at dusk.
* $55 per person
Choose from three options this Melbourne Cup at Bloody Mary's Gazebo, known for its fabulous Bottomless Brunches and legendary location in the heart of Potts Point.
Don't walk, but run, to book your Melbourne Cup in style at Bloody Mary's Gazebo. Fun, fashion, food will all be on offer as well as some frivolity on the catwalk.
TIME from 12noon with after party open to the public from 3.30pm
* Racing - races broadcasted, mobile app betting, and sweepstakes
* Prizes - lucky door prizes, awards for best dressed male and female
* Food and Drink Offerings - 3 Options all with sharing set menu
$99: glass of Veuve Clicquot on arrival plus 5 course designed to share set menu
$199: glass of Veuve Clicquot on arrival plus unlimited 2 hr wine and beer package and 5 course designed to share set menu
$299: glass of Veuve Clicquot on arrival followed by unlimited 2 hr Veuve Clicquot package plus 5 course designed to share set menu
* Entertainment - fashions on the field parade and live DJs
* $99 / $199 / $299
Go trackside this Melbourne Cup at Royal Randwick Racecourse. Local racing is on offer with the Bentley Cup as well as the opportunity to watch the Melbourne Cup on the big screens.
There are plenty of options on the day at Royal Randwick, but we have focused on the public trackside ticket experience with the chance to preorder a picnic hamper for four or a bar platter for ten.
TIME public gates open 10.30am
* Racing - Bentley Cup Day public unreserved outdoor trackside seating on the Shannon Lawn with access to the betting ring, bars, eateries and amenities in the Kensington Room and view the Melbourne Cup on the Southern Hemisphere's largest outdoor screen.
* Food and Drink Offerings - Picnic Hampers for 4 preordered with the option of a bottle of Chandon NV Brut or Moet and Chandon Brut Imperial
- Bar Platters for 10 preordered with the option of a bottle of Chandon NV Brut or Moet and Chandon Brut Imperial
* Public Trackside Lawn Ticket $69 per person (+ bf) / Picnic Hampers $240 / Bar Platters $350 / Chandon NV Brut per bottle $45 / Moet and Chandon Imperial Brut per bottle $125
There's no better place to spend Melbourne Cup than an iconic pub nestled close to the Sydney Harbour Bridge sporting a magnificent view.
Delight in a delicious three course lunch with a glass of sparkling. Choose your setting of the sports bar, restaurant, or terrace (minimum of 4). Settle in for a day of friendly hospitality and a tasty meal this Melbourne Cup.
TIME from 11.30am
* Racing - Sweeps and viewing of the race on the big screen, TAB facilities in the sports bar
* Prizes - best dressed
* Food and Drink Offerings - glass of sparkling on arrival followed by a 3 course lunch
* Entertainment - live music
* $150 (+ bf)
City Tattersalls Club: The Castlereagh
The CBD's after work sanctuary is giving punters a choice of a three course lunch or a picnic hamper for two this Melbourne Cup.
Big screens and betting facilities complement these Melbourne Cup dining packages, and are all on tap as are the drinks in The Castlereagh at City Tattersalls Club. Giddy up.
TIME from 12noon
* Racing - watch the race on the big screen with TAB facilities available and if you go with the 3 course lunch you receive a $3 trifecta ticket
* Food and Drink Offerings - 2 options
$85 per person: glass of Chandon on arrival followed by a three course lunch plus tea/coffee and petit fours
$120 per hamper: picnic hamper for two plus the option of purchasing a $100 bottle of Champagne when booking the hamper.
Photo supplied by Watson's EQ