Parramasala is a free, public celebration of the diverse and rich cultures in Sydney over the weekend of March 9th to 11th. The festival will offer entertainment, food, markets and music from over 40 different cultures in a positive, diverse and friendly atmosphere.
Program highlights include:
- Grammy award-winning Saharan Desert rock group Tinariwen will bring their incredible live show to the festival stage on Saturday night alongside the Grammy award-nominated future-soul quartet Hiatus Kaiyote.
- The Welcome Parade which will kick off the festival with a feast of colour, movement and sound with over 500 performers from more than 40 cultures. The parade will make its way from Parramatta Town Hall to Prince Alfred Square before being met by the Elders of Burramatta for the opening ceremony.
- Market Street, a street market celebrating all things ‘street’: street food, street rhythms, street music and street dance. Grab a plate and taste your way around the best of Sydney’s street stalls surrounded by colourful musicians and dancers.
- Dreamgirls of Bollywood, a celebration of the colour, dance, energy and excitement of Bollywood. Featuring an all international cast, Dreamgirls of Bollywood tracks the iconic costuming and dance performances through the many years of Bollywood films.
- Masala Nights – World Dance Congress, a veritable journey around the world through dance. The world’s best in dance will take to the stage in this show with dance styles including tango, samba, salsa, classical dance, flamenco and more.
|353D Church Street|